Position Title: Operation Expert (2 positions)
Duty Station: Bulgaria (Varna and Burgas)
Classification: Ungraded position (6 months duration with a possibility of extension)
Type of Appointment: Ungraded contract (full-time basis)
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 18 May 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Bulgaria, IOM is focusing on responding to the current migration situation in the country, in support of the Bulgarian Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved.
Context: IOM Sofia is hiring additional operational staff to support people fleeing the conflict in Ukraine and other Third-Country Nationals. The operation experts will perform activities in the field a work directly with beneficiaries.
- Counselling and support in accessing social services to Ukrainian and Third-Country Nationals.
- Administrative support in accessing education services to Ukrainian and TCNs - kindergarten, childcare services and schools.
- Conduct face-to-face survey interviews with arrivals from Ukraine.
- Collect the information on humanitarian needs through close coordination with counterparts and partners.
- Conduction of information sessions, individual and group counselling to Ukrainian and TCNs.
- Support in accessing employment to Ukrainian and TCNs - job search and facilitation of access to the labour market in Bulgaria.
- Identification, screening and assessment of refugees and migrants in vulnerable situations, such as children, (accompanied and unaccompanied), single women, female-headed households, persons with disabilities, persons with serious illnesses, persons of diverse sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, and survivors of gender-based violence.
- Provision of support to Ukrainian refugees and to TCNs in vulnerable situation.
- Carrying out gender, age and diversity-sensitive needs assessments, and provide support in accessing healthcare services and shelter and/or access to cultural mediation/interpretation.
- Provision of direct assistance and emergency support to Ukrainian and TCNs – as per identified needs – e.g. distribution of food packages, NFIs, hygiene and sanitary kits etc.
- Response to the needs of vulnerable refugees and migrants and provision of concise information on risks of irregular migration.
- Close work with IOM’s and partners in the area.
- Perform other duties as required for the successful implementation of the projects.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education for operation expert
- Completed high school degree is required, a university degree from an accredited academic institution is an advantage.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Presence of valid driving license is required.
- Previous experience in providing services to migrants and/or refugees is an advantage.
- Previous experience in providing services to vulnerable people is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions.
Fluency in Bulgarian and good oral and written command in English is required.
Knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian is an advantage.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (cover letter and CV in European Format) in English/Bulgarian, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice by 18.05.2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 29.04.2022 to 18.05.2022